Monday, October 01, 2012

Tesseracts Sixteen Launch

A while back, I blogged about how I lost my Tesseracts virginity at 16.  I also blogged on the same subject for a guest post at Open Book Toronto.  In a nutshell, I spoke about how, after years of trying to get into the anthology by selling one of the editors a story, I got in big time when I became editor of the most recent edition of the annual series.

What a great way to lose that virginity -- to find and collect some truly spectacular stories and poems that showcase speculative literature with an arts, music, literature and cultural slant.

Sandra reads from "Mathom Measures" (left to right are Rebecca, Sandra, David, Michael, Derwin, Hugh)
And this past weekend, I got to show off some of the amazing content from the book at the Toronto launch at Bakka-Phoenix books.  Hugh A.D. Spencer, Michael Kelly, Derwin Mak, David Clink, Sandra Kasturi and Rebecca Senese.

The readings they gave highlighted the wonderfully dynamic range of material that makes up Tesseracts 16: Parnassus Unbound.



Listening to some of the contributors share their works at Bakka-Phoenix on Saturday filled me with a great sense of pride and accomplishment.  There is truly some incredible writing in Tesseracts Sixteen, and, as I mentioned when I introduced the authors who were able to attend this launch, I am proud and honoured that I get to help share their stories with the world.

No comments: