Saturday, April 06, 2013

Culture By The Minute

Earlier this week I appeared on a local Cable 14 program called "Culture by the Minute"

Mark Leslie and Jill Downie
Hosted by Jeremy Freiburger from CoBALT Connects, the show airs every second Monday at 5, 6, 8, 9 and 11:30pm, spotlighting Hamilton community, art, and creativity.

Mark Leslie, writer (not Mark Lefebvre or Mark Leslie Lefebvre)  ;)
 
The focus this week was on a couple of local writers (me and Jill Downie) and GritLIT, a fantastic literary festival taking place this week/weekend.  There is, as always, a stunning line-up of writers at GritLIT, and I'm delighted to take part this year in the Closing Night Cabaret on Sunday evening.  The show also did a spotlight on the awesome Bryan Prince bookstore.

Jeremy Freiburger and Mark Leslie


It was fun to, during the show, do my invisible hat-flipping technique (look Mom, no hands) where one minute I'm talking as Mark Leslie the author of Haunted Hamilton, the other minute talking about my role as Director of Self-Publishing at Kobo, and the next moment celebrating the local bookstores in our community with my Canadian Bookseller Association hat on.  It's a good thing I have such a big head.

Here's a link to the show - or you can watch the embedded video below.


No comments: