Sunday, August 16, 2020

The 2020 Aurora Awards

 On Saturday August 15, 2020, I had the honor of being the Master of Ceremonies for The Official 2020 Aurora Awards and Hall of Fame Inductions.

It was supposed to take place in Calgary, Alberta during this year's When Words Collide conference.

But it was migrated to a live online broadcast, where I hosted, with the sealed envelopes in hand, and a good number of the nominees and 2 of the 3 Hall of Fame Inductees (Heather Dale and Cory Doctorow) appearing live to accept their awards and offer their thanks. 


The evening went of mostly without a hitch as Liz and I were crammed into my home office (me wearing my tux for the occasion), with two dogs and two cats that I only tripped over once.


One of the great things about virtual presentations and meetings is that you can't tell that I'm only wearing the tuxedo top. Not so fancily dressed below the waist.  ;)

No comments: