Saturday, December 12, 2020

MyTube, YouTube, TheyTube, We All Tube

I received a neat look at my YouTube stats for 2020.

Nope, I am not any sort of YouTube sensation but I'm enjoying putting out creative content and some folks are resonating with it. (A pretty strong parallel to the books and stories I publish - hanging out in that broad mid-list realm)


Of course the most popular new video this year was early on during the first wave of Covid-19, when Liz and I performed Stuck in this House Here with You, a Stealers Wheel parody of "Stuck in the Middle with You"


I think we did even better on the less popular K-Tel spoof commercial - a medley of pandemic-inspired parodies. Still Stuck, Still with You, Still in this House

https://youtu.be/q4yvcNoXJfY

 Liz and I appeared on three different Ontario television news programs for these fun collaborations. That was kind of cool.


Of course, I did a number of silly Dad Joke-inspired ones, too:

You Better Knock First (Horror Parody Dad Joke)

 

Dramatic Exit (Inspired by a Rubes Cartoons comic)


Under Attack (An Action Film Parody Dad Joke)



I was so thrilled to create a CHEERS parody (that I'm curious to try to do more episodes of throughout the winter), when I put out Mark's Tavern (because I so MISSED hanging out in bars)



I had fun schooling people in how to pronounce my name in this Peggy-Lee/Elvis parody of "Fever"
 



And it was fun getting frustrated that The Monster Mash is a song about a song that you never get to hear in There Is No Mash.
 

 

Looking forward to doing a few more towards the end of the year and into 2021.

Do you have a favorite one?

No comments: