It's a 5K (3.24 mile) run with various obstacles (Arachnophobia, Blackout, Great Warrior Wall, Chaotic Crossover, Hay Fever, Road Rage, Cliffhanger, Petrifying Plunge, Cargo Climb, Warrior Roast and Muddy Mayhem - I won't describe what each is - they're best left to the imagination)
I was laughing at the waiver and release I needed to sign for this run, which includes the following:
- I understand that entering Warrior Dash is a hazardous activity
- I understand that Warrior Dash presents extreme obstacles including, but not limited to: fire, mud puts with barbed wire, cargo climbs, junk cars and steep hills
- I consent to emergency medical care and transportation in order to obtain treatment in the event of injury to me as medical professionals may deem appropriate
- I understand that the Warrior Dash course may contain wild animals, insects and plants
- I agree not to dive into or enter the mud pit head first
I think it's going to be fun.
For a costume (because for a fun race like this, you need a fun costume), I'm ressurecting my old "Conan The Barbarian" costume. My aunt made it for me when I was about 14 years old. It doesn't quite fit the way it used to . . .
|The Conan costume when it was it perfect "new" condition|
|The Conan costume from a university Halloween party|
. . . but that adds to the "charm" and "humour" of the costume - doesn't it . . . ?
|The Conan costume on a middle-aged guy|
Interesting to see, though, how I have evolved with this costume from a Dashing Warrior to a . . . Wasted Warrior and now to a Weather-worn Warrior.