Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Spirits of Hamilton Haunt New Book

The other day Hamilton Spectator reporter Jeff Mahoney called to talk to me about Haunted Hamilton.  He told me that he quite enjoyed the book, and I was immediately flattered because I had been reading Jeff's articles and columns in The Spec for years and quite like and respect his writing.



Jeff's article about my new book which was headlined with Spirits of Hamilton haunt new book:  Horror author calls his account of ghostly residents - historical and contemporary - a love letter to the city appeared in today's Hamilton Spectator.  It included a great photo that Cathie Coward took of me at my desk.

Here is the photo used in the online version of the article


The print article and the online version (slightly different photos) both show one of my favourite pictures of Alexander on the computer monitor behind me.  Notice, also, that one shot has my coffee mug in it while the newsprint version doesn't.

Jeff's great article garnered some some cool attention. Annette Hamm from CHCH Morning Live contacted me and I'll be on the show tomorrow (Thurs Sept 13th) at 7:50 AM.

And the cool thing:  she asked me to bring my skulls. When I told her about Barnaby (who is still upset he never appeared in the photo shoot - he was at his post in my passenger seat at the time) she said to bring him too.

No comments: