Monday, January 04, 2016

My 2015 In Reading

Wow. So I only posted 3 articles to my blog in 2015. And I didn't even do the annual summation of the books I had read the year before either.

Hoping to kick-start this year into at least 12 posts -- let's see if I can do at least 1 post every month, shall we?
 

HIGH LEVEL SUMMARY OF MY PAST YEAR IN BOOKS

Here's a bit from my year in books as summarized by Goodreads.

  • I read 41 books in 2015 (not counting the ones I had to read for work, ie, as an editor).
  • The shortest book I read was 45 pages (Kevin J. Anderson's Million Dollar Productivity)
  • The longest book I read was 495 pages (Stephen King's The Bazaar of Bad Dreams)
  • The most popular book I read was The Girl on the Train by Paula Hawkins 
  • (I'm most surprised that Harper Lee's Go Set A Watchman wasn't the most popular one)
  •  I enjoyed at least three (perhaps four depending on how you classify them) romance novels in the past year. Two Marie Force novels, one straight out romance (Maid for Love), another romantic suspense (Fatal Affair), one Liliana Hart romantic comedy/suspense (Whiskey Rebellion) and Graeme Simsion's The Rosie Project
  • I only read 3 non-fiction books in the past year. Odd, I normally like to read more. In fact, I'm sure I read more - at least one or two other non-fiction books for writers. Perhaps I missed recording a few. Will have to go back and double check that.


I won't break the list down the way I have in years past -- simply, I'll list the books that I most enjoyed having read in the past year, linking to each one.  In no particular order, here at the books I loved the most from my 2015 reading:

Poles Apart - Terry Fallis

The Damned - Andrew Pyper


12 - Sean Platt & David Wright


Clockwork Lives - Kevin J. Anderson


Last Call - Sean Costello


The Martian - Andy Weir


The Crossing - Michael Connelly


The Rosie Project - Graeme Simsion


Fatal Affair - Marie Force


The Girl on the Train - Paula Hawkins








No comments: