Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Domesticated Animal

As I was in the grocery store tonight (stocking up on the $2.00 boxes of Quaker Corn Bran cereal that come with a coupon for a FREE, yes a FREE box of Quaker Oatmeal To Go), I made sure I picked up a copy of the Halloween issue of Good Housekeeping , excited about the clutter free article and home decorating ideas for the fall.

Then I had this sudden flashback to about 10 years ago when a friend of mine brought his wife over for an evening at the bachelor apartment that my buddy Steve and I shared in Ottawa and he gave her the advice "void youself" before they left for our place -- a direct reference to the relative cleanliness of our home and washroom area and that she wouldn't want to be caught dead using our facilities.

And then I thought to myself -- "you've come a long way, baby" -- and, of course, must credit it all to how nicely Francine has house-broken me.

No comments: