Saturday, August 01, 2009

The Book VS Kindle

What's with me? Am I on a book-related YouTube kick lately?

While this video is a little longer than it needs to be to make the point (it could have been about half the length it is), it's cute and an interesting addition to the ongoing discussion of this perpetual "tipping point" we're at (and seem to have been at for 10 years now) with respect to traditional hard copy books VS ebooks.

While I'm a fan of ebooks and own a Sony Reader, I'm also a huge fan of hard copy books. One of the concerns and issues I have with respect to the ebook is that I don't really own it the way I own it (see endless discussions of Amazon and Orwell's 1984 as evidence of how elusive "owning" it can be), and thus I can't give it to someone else, nor re-sell it.

No comments: