Yesterday, officially the first day of my vacation (but also a stat holiday in Canada, since Canada Day, July 1st, fell on Sunday), was a near-perfect day.
- I woke up early and spent a couple of hours writing. I knocked off 1300 words in a new writing project that has been on the back-burner for a couple of months now.
- Then I spent some relaxing time sitting on the back deck with Francine, having some coffee and chatting while listening to the birds.
- I got the pool vacuumed and back-washed, then completed some backyard maintenance work that was much needed.
- Then I went to the Y, worked out and went for a quick 2.5 K run
- Family fun on the back deck as we had a mid afternoon snack and played Junior Scrabble. Normally either Francine or Alexander win, but this game was a three-way tie. Have never seen that happen before.
- Was able to knock off a couple of work-related tasks that needed to be attended to.
- Spent a few hours cleaning up a big mess of boxes in the furnace room and also showed Alexander my coveted comic book collection. He was particularly excited to check out The Avengers, Captain America and Spider-Man.
- BBQ'd a wonderful dinner and then relaxed as a family to watch a movie