Tuesday, April 26, 2005

Homeward Bound

A visit to the Doctor's yesterday revealed that the fever, achy feeling, tight painful throat and nasty headache I've had for the past few days are an extremely contagious virus that I picked up. He strongly recommended that I stay home from work for a few days. No worries -- I have an extremely flexible work environment, and a job I can do via a VPN connection to the network. But there is this author event at Random House this evening I was looking forward to attenting.

Giles Blunt was launching his lastest book: Blackfly Season.

I loved his two previous books (Forty Words For Sorrow and The Delicate Storm) in the Detective John Cardinal series that are set in the fictional town of Algonquin Bay (AKA, North Bay, Ontario), and was looking forward to meeting him at the reception.

Stupid virus . . .

No comments: