Friday, April 08, 2005

You Can Pick Your Friends . . .

. . . and you can pick your nose; but you can't pick your friend's nose.

My son turned 9 months old yesterday. He's not all that good at hygene (matter of fact since he's a boy odds are likely that he'll grow up to be a man which means that hygene won't actually be a big part of his life). In any case, when he has these little bugger nuggets on the edge of his nose, I've taken to reaching out and grabbing them. I mean, I am doing him a favour after all.

In the same way that I sometimes refer to myself as "Daddy" in adult conversion, I'm afraid that one day I'll be chatting with someone, see a bugger nugget on the roof of one of their nostrils and just reach forward to grab it, forever altering our friendship.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

LMAO! That is too funny. I have that same fear (since I have a 3 yr old and an 11 month old).

What about if someone has something on their face and you lick a kleenex and then wipe it off? My mother constantly did that to me. One of these days I am going to accidentally do it to someone else at a social function, lol.

After that I am sure everyone will stay out of arms reach of me.