Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Krakatoa

Yesterday morning, while moving through the pitch dark bedroom to kiss my wife goodbye before I headed off to work, I misjudged where I was walking and slammed my foot into the wooden trunk at the end of our bed.

Wooden trunk: 1
Mark's toe: 0

Not one of my smartest moves, but it certainly smarts.

I don't think I actually broke the toe, which was throbbing all day yesterday, but I must have come close, because bending it or even touching it provides a nasty jolt of pain. This morning the swelling and the coloration has come down quite a bit, the most interesting combination of black, purple and red that I've sported in a long, long time. I should have taken a picture of it yesterday when the colours were more spectacular, because the blurry shot I took this morning just doesn't do it justice. But then again, I'm quite happy to never have to see those bruise-inspired colours again.

1 comment:

lime said...

yeesh, that could be an early HNT...what a nasty case of toe-blow!!!