Saturday, March 29, 2008

Earth Hour 2008

It's lights out tonight at 8 PM all over the world. Is anybody besides me remembering that OMD song from the 80's (OMD of course standing for Orchestral Maneuvers in the Dark) off their Crush album. Of course, this track wasn't one of their singles and perhaps I only know it because I owned the album and played the entire thing repeatedly . . . so yeah, perhaps it's only me (and perhaps my buddy Steve who turned me on to OMD in the first place, would might think about that song)

In any case, today at 8 PM it's Earth Hour. A global statement that is simple for anyone to make about climate change and how we can ALL make a difference.

I'm only going to ask you one thing -- if you happen to be reading this and it's between 8 PM and 9 PM on March 29, 2008, are your lights off? And if they are, great, I'm delighted by that -- but have you also considered the fact that your computer and modem could also be turned off for a much greater effect? It's only one hour, after all. And there's no shortage of things to do during that hour.

For example, Francine is planning on kicking my ass during a candle-lit game of Scrabble.

1 comment:

lime said...

giggling at francine's plans! you go, girl! hehehehe