Thursday, July 03, 2008

HNT - Molson Canadian: Taste That'll Stop You Cold

Given that this week included Canada's Birthday, I thought I'd do an HNT post with a bit of patriotism. I mean, beer IS a very Canadian thing, isn't it?

Another reason that I'm posting this picture is that it was taken at my friend Jim Turcott's house back in 1988. The world lost this fine man on June 30th of this year, making it an extremely difficult week for the countless people whose lives Jim touched.

Jim was hosting the grade 13 class at his place for a post graduation celebration -- we were listening to music, playing pool and sharing lots of laughs. This photo was snapped that evening -- I was horsing around, purposely trying for a goofy face (yes, goofier than my normal face) with the intent of coming up with the perfect "match" for a series of Molson Canadian commercials that were popular back in the 80's - "Molson Canadian - Taste That Will Stop You Cold!"

I can't remember who took the picture, but it's entirely possible it was Jim. Lord knows he inspired tons of laughs and silly behaviour.


Happy HNT, Happy belated Canada Day and to my buddies in the US, Happy Independence Day!



9 comments:

Baby said...

Great photo - LOL - and Happy Canada Day (though belated) - and Happy HNT!!!

Greg and Sheryl said...

We are just a few miles away from the Molson-owned Coors brewery, so we have a bit of a connection with you. Have a great holiday and a happy HNT!

Vixen said...

HappyHNT :)

Lapis Ruber said...

Happy Canada Day (better late than never) and Happy HNT.

Madame X said...

Happy HNT

JW said...

I've never seen the original ad ... but I can't help wondering if it's meant to make you look so horrified!

Happy HNT!

Lil Bit said...

Sorry to hear about the loss of your friend, Mark. *hug*

GREAT beer ad!! lol

HHN4th!

BTExpress said...

Sorry for the loss of your friend. Happy Canada Day and thanks who ever it was for inventing beer.

PS
You think you looked goofier then? Uh, uh, okay, if you say so. ;-)

S said...

Hey Mark! Happy 4th to you. Sorry about the loss of your teacher/friend.

We are getting older....

:P