Friday, March 16, 2007

Da Count - Three Simple Words

Last night while Alexander was having his pre-bedtime snack (milk and bowl of cereal -- Fruit Loops, or as we like to call them "Fruit Poops") I was standing behind him and in my overly overbearing affectionate way, stroking his hair gently and just admiring watching him eat.

Suddenly, he turned, stood up on the chair, reached up and gave me a giant hug, and while hugging me he said. "Daddy. Love you."

Francine and I just stared at each other. Sure, he has spoken those words in response to our telling him we love him. But it was the first time he had ever spontaneously just blurted that out. I couldn't stop the tears from coming to my eyes.

Does life get any better than that?

dacount

5 comments:

lecram sinun said...

Oh man.... that is truly a lump in the troat post! Great count, Mark! Cheers!

lime said...

dangit, how many times have i asked you to give tissue alerts?

no, it really doesn't get much better. thanks buddy !

Stealth said...

Damnit Mr. Leslie *sniffle*

My son calls Captain Crunch
"crap n crunch"

get count, it doesn't get much better. :)

Cosima said...

No, it doesn't :)!

Rainypete said...

It's these little moments that make the days that much brighter.