Thursday, November 06, 2008

HNT - RIP Michael Crichton

Not much to say on this Half-Nekkid Thursday except how sad I am to learn of the passing of the brilliant Michael Crichton earlier this week.

I always enjoyed the very cinematic style of his writing and particularly appreciated the way his science fiction was written in a way that broke through the genre to attract readers of more mainstream fiction. His writing style was of that very unique "un-put-downable" nature.

There are so many things to say about Crichton, particularly given his diverse output and experiences over the decades. But one of the things I find quite intriguing is that in December 1994, he achieved the unique distinction of having the #1 movie (Jurassic Park), the #1 TV show (ER), and the #1 book (Disclosure, atop the paperback list)

Michael Crichton 1942 to 2008

Official Michael Crichton website


4 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Zephyr said...

I hadn't heard this... I loved his writing.

Anonymous said...

a great writer!!!Thanks for all and
RIP Mike

Anonymous said...

I think he had an interesting mind, an impressive work ethic, and a talent for finding different subject matter. I'm sorry he is gone.