Friday, April 09, 2010

The True Pathology of Unearned Advances

I quite enjoyed the Publishing 3.0 talk Richard Nash gave at the BookNet Canada Tech Forum a couple of weeks ago. Each week the good folks at BNC are releasing a new video of the talks given that fine day.

This is great -- because, not only were the talks informative and inspiring, but there were times when I was either busy writing down something a person had said or was tweeting about it that I might have missed something else. Oh, who am I kidding -- I likely missed lots of somethings, which means it's good to be able to listen to the talks again, and again.

Like the one from Richard Nash of Cursor Books who began his talk by discussing "the true pathology of unearned advances" then went on to talk about books as social glue and books as being a cultural icon that take 15 hours to read and how two different people reading and then discussing the same book can bring people together in a more meaningful way than any other.

But why listen to my feeble attempt to draw out cool salient points?

Watch this video and draw your own.

No comments: