Friday, June 04, 2010

Overcoming Internet Distractions With Mark Leslie

Getting Published With Mark Leslie, Episode 11 has been posted at The Writing Show.

In this very brief episode, host Paula B and I touched base on how I am coming along with the writing of A Canadian Werewolf in New York and we also did a draw for a free copy of CAMPUS CHILLS (which you can win just by participating in The Writing Show forum)

Of note: I have come up with a small and simple strategy to help me get past my issues with "internet distraction" thanks to a bus/train ride into Toronto. Moving to internet-free spaces to get the writing done. Seriously, when was the last time someone purposely sought out a coffee shop that DOESN'T offer free WiFi? It's the latest trick I'm attempting to use to get that novel done in small fits and starts.

It's interesting how recent episodes of this podcast which I've long been a fan of have become a tiny bit of "All Mark Leslie all the time!" lately.

Episode 10 of Getting Published with Mark Leslie went live May 9.

Then I did a guest host interview discussing World-building and other sci-fi fun with Robert J. Sawyer which went live May 30th.

And now, Episode 11 of my "Getting Published" series is up June 3rd.

And of course, if you listen to Episode 11, you'll hear I just interviewed Kelley Armstrong for a forthcoming Writing Show podcast. (I'm enjoying spreading the love about wonderful Canadian authors - perhaps I'll make a habit of it)

Here's hoping people who subscribe to Paula B's wonderful podcast don't get sick of me.

No comments: