Friday, December 03, 2010

Writing Is Work

A few writer friends shared this cute video via Facebook last week.



Yes it's amusing and a bit outrageous, but it's absolutely amazing that every writer who sees it feels the same way -- that they have had similar conversations (albeit not always all at the same time) with people.  This is typically when you're at some non-writing related function or event, and someone finds out you're a writer, and they start in with these kinds of statements.

The video contains such gems as:


"But my idea is a guaranteed bestseller!"


"I've already written the first page. It's awesome."


"I've been living my life - not wasting my time reading."


"Do you want to be a ghost writer for me? I'll cut you in 10 percent."


Oh, who am I kidding? I've had this kind of conversation with people when I'm sitting at my lonely little author table at the front of a mall bookstore trying desperately to sell my work.

No comments: