Wednesday, October 03, 2012

Sudbury Book Event: The Power of Popular Fiction

I am delighted and honoured that I get to share the stage with some amazing writers from Sudbury.

Tomorrow night (Thursday Oct 4, 2012), I will be included in a Laurentian University English Department sponsored event entitled "The Power of Popular Fiction" alongside Scott Overton and John Forrest.


I met Scott for the first time back in 2004 when I was launching my story collection ONE HAND SCREAMING at the Chapters there.  He had come by the store during my book launch that October to interview me for his morning radio program, and we have since become friends.  Scott is a phenomenal writer with incredible talent and I was honoured to have been able to read his hot new novel DEAD AIR and also provide a blurb that is being used on the cover.



Here's what appears on the cover of Scott's new novel:


 "Scott Overton is a storyteller of boundless skill . . . a writer to watch."
                     - Mark Leslie, author of Haunted Hamilton and I, Death

Of course, the cover refers to my forthcoming horror novel which is mostly set in Levack and Sudbury. Perfect to grace the cover of this book by a wonderful Sudbury author.


I was also honoured to be able to publish one of Scott's short stories in the latest TESSERACTS anthology. And speaking of talented Sudbury authors, Sean Costello, whom I've been a fan of for decades, also appears in this fantastic collection of Canadian speculative works.

After the reading I will, of course, be signing copies of both Haunted Hamilton and Tesseracts Sixteen.

If you are in the Sudbury area, come check out this free event taking place at Vale Living With Lakes Centre (935 Ramsey Lake Road, Sudbury - across from the entrance to Laurentian University). Doors open at 7:00 PM and the readings start at 7:30.


No comments: