Friday, January 25, 2013

Meta Spam

I have to laugh.

Last year I posted a cheeky tale called "Fun with Telemarketers" outlining an ongoing frustration about telemarketers - specifically ones that are calling about duct cleaning.

It documented the call I received. You know the ones that start out like this:


TELEMARKETER: Hello, may I speak with Mr. Lefjlkaliufdkjlalkflj [indeterminable gibberish as he tries, desperately, to pronounce my last name. The poor guy. There should be a sympathy greeting card for having to go through all that in front of a complete stranger]

In any case, my post was about making the best out of a frustrating situation, and the fun I ended up having with the guy.

This morning I woke up to find a spam comment posted here with a link to a service -- you know the one I'm talking about: it's a vague commentary about enjoying the "article" and then a link to a service.

The service was, of course, for duct cleaning.  So at least they did their "strategic spam" homework - I'll give them that.

But like I said, you have to laugh.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

The service was, of course, for duct cleaning. how do you stop spam So at least they did their "strategic spam" homework - I'll give them that.