Sunday, January 13, 2019

Aging Like a Good Cheese Or A Fine Wine

There has been a fun #howhardhasaginghityouchallenge going around on Facebook, and, since curiosity got the best of me, I thought I'd look back at what my first Facebook Profile pic actually was.

LOL, it was the exact same profile pic I had used, consistently, across all social media.

And I didn't change it for 7 years.

Then, in the past few years, it was like I was trying to make up for lost time, because I changed it multiple times.



Apparently, I also lost my shirt in 2014. (In retrospect, maybe that was some sort of thinly laced separation/divorce joke)  ;)

Intersting that I only ever used a photo that wasn't me when Barnaby, reading one of my books, stood in for a short time period.

I thought it might be fun to then look at my author profile page on Facebook and see how many profile pics I'd shared there.


Only 7 changes on my author profile page since I started it up in 2011. About once per year.

I'd started with my very first author photo - one that my buddy Greg Roberts took for me and that I had used for my first book, One Hand Screaming, in 2004. I had also used a few that were a little more "on brand" particularly the smart-ass one with the graveyard backdrop and the latest, the caricature done by the talented Seth Wilks.





No comments: