Sunday, June 14, 2020

How to Pronounce Lefebvre

I have long written under the name Mark Leslie because of the fact that most people don't know how to spell or pronounce Lefebvre.

However, because I've been a book industry representative and part of the speaking circuit on a regular basis for well over a decade now, my actual surname is used. I also have a number of books (with more to come) about the business of writing and publishing published under my full name Mark Leslie Lefebvre.

One of the many things I have learned from the awesome folks at CAPS (Canadian Association of Professional Speakers), is to add a pronunciation key into the bio you provide to the folks running the conference/workshop/keynote address that you are speaking at. This helps ensure the person introducing you can easily pronounce your name.

I also thought it might be handy to create a brief video that helps explain how to pronounce Lefebvre.



I could not, of course, resist adding a little humor to it.

Because that's also part of my brand.

No comments: