Friday, October 07, 2005

Head Out On The Highway

We leave for Levack in the morning, and, as usual, Fran has done this incredible job of getting most of our stuff ready so the packing tonight has just been the final, last minute things. It's a good thing too, because I ended up working late again tonight, getting home just in time to give Alexander his bath and put him to bed. And it was Fran's last day at work, to boot - a bittersweet day for her. She was damn good at her job, it's just too bad they wouldn't allow her to work part-time. I could go on for hours but will suffice it to say that my wife is one brave, strong and incredible woman whose ability to set and stick to her priorities in life are an inspiration. Alexander and I are very lucky to have her.

We hit the highway tomorrow; for part of the drive I'll be participating in a conference call or two with work (thank God for my hands-free phone), but I should be free of those shackles after noon. From then on it's time to enjoy the Thanksgiving weekend up north. I'll be doing a book signing at the Chapters in Sudbury on Saturday, which should be fun - the staff there are always great. Yorrick is already all packed up and ready to roll. (Reminds me of a bad pun based on a sentence pronounced with the wrong em-phasis: "Look, what's that up on the road a-head?")

Okay, I better stop before I start in with my "Rectum? Damn near killed him!" type jokes.

Alright, time to get back to work. Have to get a document emailed, then finish packing. Can't think of silly jokes. Also have to stop worrying about what my buddy Pete might be up to in our house this weekend all alone with a high speed internet connection and his web cam. (Must remember to hide my toques)

2 comments:

Mantaray Ocean said...

Have a great

Mantaray Ocean said...

Have a great Booksigning and a very Happy Thanksgiving.