Monday, January 09, 2006

Interesting Week

I think that this is going to be an interesting week. Instead of taking the GO train into downtown Toronto from Hamilton, I'll be driving out to the IBM offices in Markham for training on their WebSphere Product Center.

Originally, the training was supposed to be in Dallas, but it was cancelled due to a lack of participants.

Sigh. Dallas or Markham? Nothing against one of Toronto's sister cities, but something tells me Dallas would have been a tad more interesting than a city about 1.5 hours away from where I live (and one I've been to many times already -- unlike Dallas, which I've only ever been to back when I was watching J.R. get shot or when I found out that Bobby really wasn't dead because the whole previous season was Pam's dream)

I guess it'll be a while longer before I get to prance around in a nice cowboy hat, cool boots and a giant belt buckle. Well, nothing's stopping me from doing that here, but it would have been a bit more fun to do that in Texas.

But, of course, on the plus side, I get to see my family every day when I come home.

On second thought, Markham's pretty darn cool.

3 comments:

Magdalena said...

Awwww ... you were so close to tasting all the fabulous things that Texas has to offer. Well, I am sure that there will be an opportunity one of these days. As it turns out, I will be in Dallas in about a week and a half myself and since I have not yet had a chance to see it other than on T.V. I am pretty excited about this trip. I will send you a postcard!

Magdalena said...

Oh ... and Mark ... come on, they don't all wear cowboy boots, big buckles and hats! But it is cool when they do. And they have pretty cool accents! Though I must admit, it is pretty scary for me when I don't hear it as much anymore. I mean when I am around Chris and his family their accents don't stand out that much anymore ... what does this mean!?! Will I be speaking Texan the next time all my Canadian friends see me?

Anonymous said...

Do the boots and hat come with the Vaseline like Burt Reynolds in "Striptease"? Post THAT in your next HNT !!!