Friday, February 24, 2006

Forthcoming Works Notes

A few writing related items flew into my inbox while I was sick last week. While I was unable to keep an appointment with the publisher for North of Infinity II that had been scheduled for last Friday after work, I was able to struggle into a chair and stay seated upright for more than ten minutes at a time at least two or three times during my nasty flu; and I was able to do some small bits of writing work.

Hamilton’s Hammered Out magazine bought my poem “Electric Fire” which will be appearing in the next issue (which I believe is Hammered Out 8 - March 2006). It's been a while since I've had any poetry published, so that's a really nice thing. I'm rather fond of this little poem.

I also received some revision notes from the editor of the anthology Bluffs, Laurence Steven for my story “Being Needed” -- I’ve worked with some great editors over the years, but so far, the back and forth I’ve had with Laurence is one of the most satisfying. Laurence’s editorial vision is in line with my creative one, and the revision suggestions he made for my story serve to make it a much tighter, more solid piece. IMHO, he’s one of those dream editors a writer is very fortunate for the opportunity to work with.

2 comments:

lime said...

well, hey, i love to hear good news. glad you are back on your feet and have the published work and a dream editor. are youable to share the poem? that link you put up to hammered out comes up as an error for me.

Tish said...

Sounds like things are going great for you! How exciting!

I have a friend who is trying to make it as a fiction author. He just got his first short story published. You should check out his blog sometime - http://thegargoyleview.blogspot.com. Maybe you can give him a few tips!

Have a great day!