Thursday, November 03, 2005

The Naked Eye 2 1/2 - HNT

Here's a shot of my naked eye (since so many people loved my spooky eye boxers on last week's Half-Nekked Thursday, I thought I'd stick with the theme) - okay, my eye is not entirely naked, because I was wearing my Boston Lens contacts in the shot. That, and the photo was also touched up by my graphic artist friend Steve Gaydos -- he added the image of a skull (one that Francine's Grandmother drew in 1935) - this was used for the cover of my book.



Can you make out the skull? It's in profile view, looking to the right (or stage left for the theatre-minded) and in a slightly downward angle, with the back "ball" of its head right where my eyeball is.

To help folks with being able to "see" the skull, I've included a scan of the original sketch (which is right facing rather than right facing and tilted severel degress down inside my eye)

In any case, happy HNT!

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome Pic . I did not see the skull till I read the text.

Happy HNT all.

lime said...

wow! that's really a neat pic! happy HNT!

Anonymous said...

Wait - Steve had to put the skull in the pic? You mean you don't normally have skulls in your eyes? Holy smokes, what is in those candies on your desk??

Lee Ann said...

Hey! Happy HNT!

Chuck said...

I can't see it either...

HHNT!

Muse said...

Eye like it! Happy HNT!

Tess said...

Spooky. Took me a couple of moments to see it but I did.

Happy HNT!

S said...

Wow, that is so cool! Happy HNT!

MamaKBear said...

Cool pic...kinda creepy tho!
Happy HNT!

Mara said...

Very cool photo! I like the concept. Happy HNT

daisyduke said...

I see it!
COOL
HHNT

... said...

very cool! i had to hunt for a minute because i was expecting a head on skell not a side view - anyway veyr neat

Franny said...

Some guys buy sports cars, my husband buys gigantic computer monitors - better to see your eye with!
A creepy picture like that makes you wonder about skeletons & closets and all that...

MG said...

wow, nice to have those handy graphic artist friends around lol....

Love the pic, happy belated HNT

Scott & Julia said...

Ooh, that's really cool! I love it! Happy HNT!