Monday, April 17, 2006

Spooky-Eyed Girl

An old friend of mine from my home town (actually, the youngest sister of the girl who ruled my heart through most of my high school years), forwarded this email to me. I haven't heard from her in years, but get the occasional email. I always remember her at about 9 years old, and like most old people, I struggle to think that she's now a woman with kids of her own. But I can't help thinking about this cute fun kid with a penchant for Strawberry Shortcake whenever I hear from her. In any case, she forwarded this to me, and I had to share it.

I was home alone one evening when I opened her email and saw this. And, Mr. big horror writer that I am, it sent a shiver down my spine. Not the story -- it's pretty standard stuff. But the photo creeped me out. I was afraid to look over my shoulder and see the spooky-eyed girl standing there. (Love that feeling)

READ BEFORE LOOKING AT PHOTO

The young man in this photo went to a place called Sundarbans with his friends and he asked his friends to take this photo on this spot. While his friend took the photo, he screamed and fainted, 2 days later he died in the hospital. The doctors said he died from a heart attack. When the photos where developed, in the last photo there was a woman standing next to the young man, even though his friends said there was no one with him when the photo was taken. Many people know of this rumour and the photo is the result of the blessings of technology.

But still, the photo is very mysterious and I'm sure that when you see it you will feel the same as me. A Naval Officer sent it to 13 people and he was promoted within 13 days. A businessman was sent this and he erased it and within 13 days he lost everything. A labourer received this and sent it to 13 people and within days he was promoted and all his problems were solved. So send this to 13 people and good things will come your way.

So, I thought, since I never forwarded this on to 13 friends, the least I could do it post it here, see if readers of my blog might want to come up with their own 50-100 word tale (or legend) for this story. (Leave it in my comments or slap it on your own blog and let me know so I can link to it) I've got to ensure at least 13 people have seen this, you know.

That way, I've done my part, at least, and that spooky-eyed girl won't come haunting me.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
lecram sinun said...

You're right... the pic creeped me out too!

BTExpress said...

I read it, so your up to 4 now.

Sandy Hatcher-Wallace said...

I read it so you're up to five.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.