Thursday, September 28, 2006

HNT - In Memory Of Rainy Pete

The shock has subsided, but now the mystery burns on.

RainyPete, fellow blogger, fellow HNTer and friend, has died a tragic death.

Pete was a loving husband, a nurturing father and a faithful friend who will be fondly remembered by many as a funny guy who got pleasure out of making people laugh and spreading smiles. While I only had the pleasure of meeting him in person once, I'm a much better person for having known him. He was a spirited, generous man, finding good in everyone, and he always held helping and being there for others in high regard.

Ironically enough, it was Pete's efforts to help and support a young man he'd only met through the blogosphere that ultimately led to his untimely death.

Goodbye Pete, old chum. You will be sadly missed.


I'm tempted to request that my fellow HNTers post a picture of themselves with a clown nose next Thursday, in honor of RainyPete. But I'm no Osbasso, and besides, I wonder how many people will actually read the small print. **


RainyPete was an avid HNTer
Learn more about HNT by clicking on the image below

HNTbutton

** (This post is a work of fiction - RainyPete is alive and well, just a willing victim of an online story that I'm unrolling called I, Death. Pete's character has died as part of a fund raiser for literacy)

19 comments:

S said...

Oh man, if I was there I would punch you in the arm so hard....I thought it was real, then I thought, no, it cant be, then I was all confused.....

Fake death is not funny you bad boy...:P
But for the sake of art....it must go on!
HHNT Mark, oh, and Rainys nose...

Mark Leslie said...

Glad you read the small print, Susie.

And for those who haven't, Pete is fine, really. I chatted with him this morning. He's only "dead" as part of a literary fund-raiser for a fictitious blog story I've been writing . . .

Mellissa said...

I read the small print ;-) But I don't have a clown nose...could paint one on though!

HHNT,

Bug

Anonymous said...

read the article and saw one of the words that I miss the most here in Chicago... escarpment... No one here knows what an escarpment is... luckily I am going to buffalo this weekend for a fix!

sorry too much information!

Michelle said...

OMG....I went and rad all that other stuff and I was thinking...WTF!!?? lol I am glad I kept reading ....whew!! Scared the bejeebers out of me....lol

HHNT! whew!

Michelle said...

btw....she's in Oakville. :)

Blondie... said...

Holy crap...

I read the article and was a bit concerned...

Then I saw your nose...

And your bit of a disclaimer...

lol

You *almost* had me...

Happy HNT, that was a good one!

BTExpress said...

My condolences. That's a sad story. I feel bad for the kids that found him. I know how they must feel. I found a guy dead in his truck on the side of the road when I was a teenager. He committed suicide by putting a shotgun in his mouth and pulling the trigger. Let us know how this Pete thing turns out, k?

Anonymous said...

umm yeah i guess i should read the entire post before freaking out!
Nice... sucked me in and spit me out LOL!!!
Long live the clown nose.

HHNT!

paitl1 said...

alas poor rainy pete.... i, well, i didn't know him at all... HHNT!

Phain said...

gotta get me a clown nose...

*~*happy hnt*~*

Anonymous said...

A sad, mysterious death for $100 and a clown nose to boot... can it get any better <;O) ?

Happy HNT!

Anonymous said...

hah! almost got me too. and I *did* read the fine print, but somehow I doubt I'll be doing any hnts with clown noses... mine is funny enough by itself ;). happy hnt!

Suze said...

What a lovely tribute to a wonderful man RIP. If you like I could wear one one on my boobs. LOL

Happy HNT Sweetie ;)

Wenchy said...

You kinda just hit the breathe right out of me.... I was talking to him on Flickr just the other day.... :(

The Middle Child said...

I think I'm gonna cry...

lime said...

ROFLMAO!!!! the shot with you wearing pete's nose was funny enough but when i scrolled down and saw it on yorick....oh man!!! let's just say i'm glad i was not drinking anything at the time!

wait that's not properly mournful behavior. um, ok...sincerest sympathies, deepest condolnces....bwahahaha!!!(can't do it can i?)

HHNT

Sandy Hatcher-Wallace said...

Thank God no one is really dead.

Lorraine said...

Suckered me too.
Haven't seen Pete on my blog in a while, so of course the only obvious answer could be that he died.

People have gone to greater extremes to dodge me...