Thursday, December 10, 2009

HNT - Marky Claus

I've always liked dressing up, particularly in a Santa costume. (It might have something to do with the fact that Santa, like Spider-Man, wears red and is a good guy)

I thought for this week's HNT I'd post a few "Christmas flash backs") in which I "wore" my Santa guise.


This first one was taken in 2004. After dinner on Christmas Eve, I snuck out of the house to change into a Santa outfit, hoping to delight my Godchild Madison and my son Alexander with a visit from Santa.

(Perhaps just like when I was a kid and my dad would disappear, then Santa would appear and my cousins and I would be delighted for his visit and of course all fight over which one of us got him a beer (yes, Northern Ontario Santa prefers beer over milk -- remember that if you live up north) -- I was confused and could never figure out if my dad was really Santa or Spider-Man, because both he and Peter Parker would disappear whenever Spidey or Santa showed up)

In any case, I wasn't inside the door more than 30 seconds before Maddie yelled out: "Uncle Mark! What are you doing dressed up like Santa?" Busted. Of course, even if Maddie hadn't recognized me behind the beard, I would have been busted about 2 minutes later when I picked up my son and the first thing he did was take a good hold of my beard and yank it off.

And a couple of years ago, when I was unable to buy the soundtrack for Francine, I decided to create my own CD of music from a movie that is one of our favourite seasonal treats - National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation. For the music, I used a combination of songs that appeared on the original soundtrack, mixed it with audio clips from the movie (like many of the Cousin Eddy gems that appear throughout it) along with a few other Christmas music favourites and for the CD cover, I used the image from the DCD cover, inserted my face over Chevy Chase's and also changed the title to Chateau Leslie's Christmas Vacation.

No comments: