Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Alex Catches Up

I took Alexander to McDonalds this evening and the little guy melted my heart. He'd been watching me dip my french fries in ketchup for several months now whenever we're dining at McDonald's or Harvey's.

Up until this evening, he would dip a fry into my ketchup cup then offer it to me. He'd tasted the ketchup before and didn't like it, but seemed to enjoy the act of dipping. But tonight, he relished the whole ketchup experience, pretty much taking over the ketchup and not letting me at it. It was adorable watching him concentrate and so very carefully dip each single french fry into the ketchup before eating it.

Hmm, I guess I'm not the only ketchup fiend in the house now. I'm thinking he'll need his own little ketchup cup now when we go out for a special fast food treat. I wonder if he'll also show a preference for Heinz like his old man? Sigh, my little guy is growing up so fast.

3 comments:

Franny said...

Today he's hooked on ketchup, and tomorrow he's hooked on chicks, bringing home all sorts of unworthy rabble...so enjoy the ketchup years! I'm particular to Hunts. I find it's more "tomatoey" and less "vinegary" than Heinz...

lime said...

hehehehe. mr lime nearly divorced me the first week of marriage because i bought generic ketchup rather than heinz. when i swished a couple of drops in the bottom of the bottle to empty it completely there was another threat of desertion. i have learned my lesson well. and thank heavens for a ketchup foot that lets me balance the bottle upside down when it's almost empty.

Sandy Hatcher-Wallace said...

How cute. You must have watched with amazement as your little man dipped each fry into the catsup. They are so cute when they learn something new.