Monday, September 25, 2006

It's Official. I'm A Nerd, Geek, Drooling Fan

Francine and I just finished watching the premiere of Heroes on NBC. I loved it. I was like the thrill I got when I was younger and they introduced a phenomenal new villain or plotline in Spider-Man. Yes, that much fun.

I was so excited and giddy that I logged onto nbc.com immediately after the show to the writer Tim Kring's live blog for the show in which he was answering viewer questions about the series.

And for a cute touch of "reality" there's even a blog being kept by one of the characters. Hiro, the bored Japanese office worker and Star Trek geek who discovers his ability of teleportation. His blog is cute and wonderfully in character. (Although since he's now teleported himself to New York, I wonder if he'll keep posting on his blog -- at least my fictitious character Peter O'Mallick, hasn't left town and has kept up his blog)

It's official. I'm a nerd, a geek, a drooling fan. But I can't wait to see the next episodes. And I was a little miffed that NBC cancelled Windfall after just a handful of episodes. But they're forgiven now, for delivering Heroes.

3 comments:

lime said...

my son was hooked too and i felt very guilty forcing him to bed but 5:30 comes too early.

Mellissa said...

Oh honey - that is like me...watching the Bachelor...rememeber THOSE days!! Now THAT'S geeky!!

Go ahead, have your "love" moment..it's o.k.!

xoxo,
Ladybug

Franny said...

I loved the show too, and Hiro is my favourite character! He had Cat and I in much-needed stitches! (And when that guy with glasses got in the cab, I was pretty much screaming "RUN! OMG RUN!!!!") Anyhow, I had an overwhelming physical and emotional reaction to the show, and that's what I have been looking for in TV lately. (Oh, and I was SO hoping that 'stripper girl's' other personality would kick those guys' asses...and she did!!)
I can't wait for next week, and I'll be visiting that blog shortly.