Wednesday, April 20, 2005

Where Everybody Knows Your Name

I realized that my last several posts were on the following subject matters: The GO Train, beer and characters from Cheers.

After careful self-reflection, I think I am recognizing something critical. I miss Cheers. Sure, I know the television series has been off the air for well over a decade now, but I at least had Frasier to give me my "Cheers Universe" fix. But with Frasier also being off the air for a year now, I must be regressing.

Maybe it's time to write a "GO-themed" set of lyrics to the tune of "Where Everybody Knows Your Name" (AKA the Cheers theme) and thank Gary Portnoy for writing the original song (Actually, the flip side to the single for "Where Everybody Knows Your Name" was called "Jenny" and was quite a good song - Portnoy is a talented musician who has a couple of albums out)

Making your way into work today
Takes everything you’ve got
Taking a break from driving worries
Sure would help a lot

Wouldn’t you like a better way?

All those days through the smoggy haze
You see the freeway’s jammed real tight
And the highway looks like a parking lot
Of unending red tail lights

Wouldn’t you like a better way?

Some times you want to GO
Just get on the green GO train
And let your worries fall away
You wanna get to your destination
In an environmentally friendly way
You wanna get on the GO
And ride in on the train

No comments: