Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Haunting The Haunted Shop

My new non-fiction title Haunted Hamilton is starting to appear in various local stores.  I thought it would be fun to try to spotlight those stores, to encourage people not just to go check out my book, but to check out everything these wonderful stores have to offer.

Today's feature is The Haunted Shop in Niagara on the Lake.

Store front of The Haunted Shop - 126 Queen Street, Niagara on the Lake

The Haunted Shop which is a gorgeous little store filled with all kinds of paranormal themed merchandise and goodies, is run by Stephanie Lechniak, co-founder of the group Haunted Hamilton and also co-author of the wonderful forward for my book.

Stephanie Lechniak in the wonderful paranormal shop she haunts
When I popped in last Sunday to sign copies of the book, I snapped a few pictures.  The photo below, of Stephanie and I, was taken by the always awesome Haunted Hamilton Mum Cathy (her official title)

Me, Stephanie and the book

 Stephanie had also posted a few shots of the book in it's setting, so I thought I'd share.

Haunted Hamilton on the shelves of The Haunted Shop
Haunted Hamilton feeling right at home in a creepy setting
If you're near Niagara on the Lake, The Haunted Shop is a must-stop location for all things paranormal.  The beautiful little shop is packed with all kinds of spooky themed products and displays. Hard to imagine just how much great stuff they can pack into this little store. And they do daily ghost walks starting from the store every night at 8:30 PM.

Not only that, but I was able to find this awesome package of ghost poop there.

Authentic Ghost Poop from The Haunted Shop
Although, upon closer inspection, I suspect it's not real ghost poop, but rather tiny marshmellows -- it looks a heck of a lot like the Snowman Poop that I bought last winter -- yes, it's easy to fool this believer.

Incidentally, there's now a Facebook Page for the book Haunted Hamilton.  Feel free to like it; heck, you can even go so far as to love it too. I won't stop you.

No comments: