Friday, October 12, 2007

Da Count - Eleven Years

Eleven years ago today Francine and I were married.


Not only am I continually shocked that this incredible, wonderful and gorgeous woman somehow found me attractive and desirable enough to marry, but that she actually stuck around for all of these years despite my blatant immaturity, the fact I often squirrel myself away to work on writing projects and a myriad of other faults that she is subject to each and every day.

Yet she's still here, still loving me back. It's simply amazing.

I love looking back on the years we have spent together, on all of the things we've been through, on all of the successes and painful moments. Through it all, the many highs and lows we've always had each other. Francine has been and continues to be my rock, my centering force, my oasis, my best friend and lover. Seeing her smile and hearing her laugh are among the two greatest things in any given day.

We're the proud parents of a three year old now -- and while I sometimes miss some of the times we had when we were a couple and completely free to do what we want when we wanted without having to worry about another little person, I wouldn't change it for the world. Francine is a fantastic caring and nurturing mother to Alexander -- and parenthood has simply opened up a whole new range of exciting and sometimes scary new experiences to challenge and reward us with not to mention phenomenal opportunities for us to love and grow together.

And like the way Alexander enhances our love for each other, I also think there's something to be said of all of the supportive family and friends we're blessed with. Each of those relationships also help to enrich our life together and Francine and I are quite fortunate to have those on top of our incredible relationship.


I love you, honey bunny! Happy 11thAnniversary.


dacount

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

a wonderful and sweet count, my friend. Happy anniversary and many more! Cheers as I raise a toast to all of you.

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary Mark and Fran! Wow 11 years already.

All my best.

Peter

Anonymous said...

He he, I'm late again. Just like at the wedding rehearsal. Here's to another year!

Bestest wishes,

Steve =)