Thursday, October 11, 2007

HNT - The Best Laid Plans

On Wednesday our store launched a new book by McMaster graduate Terry Fallis. The Best Laid Plans is a satirical novel of Canadian politics. I've just started reading it and am into the second chapter. While I didn't think I'd enjoy a novel about politics I'm quite enthralled by the thirtysomething Daniel Addison and his adventures in Ottawa. I was hooked by the time I was just a few paragraphs into the prologue. Fallis is a very talented writer with a knack for creating believable characters and telling a wry tale.

But don't just take my word for it, you can listen to the entire novel for free via the wonderful podcast the author did. Fallis is as brilliant a narrator for the audio version of the novel as he is a crafter of great satire.

Give it a try. I'm certain that you'll be hooked like myself and hundreds of Terry's fans from around the world.



And for the fans of the Darth Tater - Terror in Toyland HNT storyline, don't worry, the continuing storyline is in the works . . . perhaps next week it will continue . . .


(Click below to visit Osbasso and learn more about HNT)

5 comments:

S said...

Ok whew! So, I get to live for one more week, or, whatever it is that you have planned for my corpse, erm, body.....

HHNT Mark and nothing like a good book, eh?

BTExpress said...

Love the look. Looks kind of evil. Happy HNT!

Zoely said...

love an intellignet man!
HHNT smartie!

Rainypete said...

Ooooooh! More good reads. Now if only my kids would allow me time with a book that doesn't contain rhymes or a giant red dog.........

Anonymous said...

Thanks for your kind words Mark and for all your support and encouragement. Hope you enjoy the book...

Ter