Monday, March 16, 2009

For Those Who Find My Blog Too Verbose

After over a year of resisting, I finally signed up for Twitter.

My main reason was that I was afraid I would find it fun, and thus too distracting. Lord knows I have enough fun things to distract me away from my writing time.

So I signed up yesterday.

Well, lo and behold, it IS fun and distracting. Sigh. More fool me.

I'm fascinating by the concept of Twitter as a "micro-blog" and since I've been having so much fun using my Facebook status updates for fun and games (such as posting silly lyrics and planting ear-worms in the minds of my Facebook friends), I thought it would be neat to sign up for Twitter and have a bit more creative fun.

And for those of you who think my blog posts are too wordy, the great thing about Twitter is that you're limited to 140 characters in total for each post. So if I wanted to be verbose, I'd have to do it in a series of chunks......

Well, I did roll out a novel on a blog a couple of years ago, testing the format and trying to tell the story through the POV of the main character as a blogger -- perhaps I'll come up with something similar for Twitter -- I know other writers have done so; it might be a fun creative endeavour.

In any case, if you want to follow me on Twitter go the following url:

http://twitter.com/MarkLeslie

1 comment:

lime said...

oh lordy....i really don;t need one more online format to distract me either so i have resister becoming twitterpated.