Thursday, March 26, 2009

HNT - The Boys Of Chorus

Usually, whenever our family is getting ready to do something, poor Francine has to contend with the antics of a couple of four year old in the house. Namely, Alexander, who is 4, and me. Yes, although I'm almost ten times my son's age physically, I have to be honest and admit that I'm just as amused by the same things my four year old finds fun.

For example, the other day when we were all getting ready to head out, while Francine was in the bathroom getting ready, Alexander and I paraded down the hallway in our underwear singing the "We're the Boys of Chorus" song from that old Bugs Bunny cartoon "What's Up, Doc?"

You remember it, don't you?

Bugs is talking about his first big gig on Broadway, and then they flash to him and three other guys doing a warm-up chorus number at the beginning of the show, and singing:

Oh we're the boys of the chorus
We hope you like our show
We know you're rooting for us
But now we have to go . . .

Alexander loves performing this song with me and we do it every chance we get.

Poor Fran.

In any case, I thought a "boys of Chorus" pic would be appropriate for this week's HNT picture.


If you want to want the entire video (it's about seven minutes long, but I swear when I was a kid I thought it was a 20 minute epic story) you can watch it online here.

1 comment:

lime said...

i can just imagine the performance! poor fran, indeed. but somehow i bet she is laughing at it all too. ;)