Friday, January 05, 2007

BookCrossing

I was reminded in a recent podcast of The Writing Show about the wonderful act of BookCrossing (the practice of leaving a book in a public place to be picked up and read by others, who do likewise), and the wonderful website BookCrossing.com.

I became a member a few years ago (ParnassusHome), released a small handful of books, actually had minor success with some of my releases being "caught" somewhere in the world. But it has been a while since I've released any new books into the wild.

Well, I'm re-inspired to release some more books. In fact, I have one that I caught from a friend at least a year ago that I've been wanting to read and haven't -- so rather than keep it on my shelf, I think I'll release it within the next week or so. I've also put aside several copies of books that I ended up buying in duplicate over the years (having kept them in multiple boxes in the basement you lose track of the copies you own quite easily) or where I bought the paperback and loved it so much that I sought out a hardcover of the same one.

Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to do some bookcrossing I go . . .

2 comments:

lime said...

oh that sounds like a fun idea!

Anonymous said...

I had forgotten about this as well actually and you have re-inspired me to release a book into the wild. I have some fun book-plates and everything. Thanks for the reminder man!