Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Another Triumph!

Last year the President's Choice product line released a wonderfully exciting barbecue sauce called Smokin' Stampede Beer & Chipotle Barbecue Sauce. It came in a generously sized 1 Litre bottle. None of this pint sized salad dressing sized sauce bottle. This was a real sauce lover's bottle of smokin' goodness. It had just the right combination of standard smoky barbecue flavour mixed in with chiptle (and, of course, beer)

This summer, they've released a follow up to what was a popular sauce. (Of course, like most fun flavours that are released to the masses and which have a nice hot kick to them, I find that I seem to be the only one who likes them and they disappear off the grocery store shelves shortly after appearing. Hmm, kind of like really cool television shows I like -- shows like Studio 60 On The Sunset Strip or Windfall or that wonderfully classic drama Manimal. No wait, I take that back. I just checked and it looks like Studio 60 is returning to NBC on May 24th. WOO HOO!)

Okay, a bit of a sidetrack there. Back to the sauce. Yes, this summer they've released a follow up sauce and added even MORE kick. They now have Smokin' Habanero Barbecue Sauce. Fran picked it up at the grocery store and I had it last night on chicken. It has the same standard underlying smoked BBQ flavour to it, yet this one has even more of a wonderful spicy punch.

I think I have a winner for what sauce I'll be using on the next Friday the 13th Hot Luck party we hold. This sauce is going to make some awesome ribs.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! That looks fantastic! Gonna have to get me some. For my birthday my son got me some Habanero pepper.

lime said...

killer. one liter you say? that's awesome!