Friday, May 11, 2007

More Please!

Okay, I'll admit it. I'm a gushing parent. I'll make no bones about it. But dammit, my son is so damned adorable. I love the fact that when he's eating something (and the good news is that it's plenty of something's that he loves to eat right now) he often asks for more. There are times I'm inspired to write a story about a boy with a bottomless stomach when watching him polish off certain meals and continually ask for more. Who knows, maybe there's a cute kid's book in there rather than a horror tale of a child who ate the entire house around his parents.

I suppose the cutest thing about the way he asks is that he always says: "More please!"

I'm reminded of an old Libby's beans commercial from my youth that has a voice over talking about the product while the camera is aimed at a little boy adeptly working at finishing every single brown bean on his plate. As he finally finishes off the last one, he lifts his plate and says: "More beans please." No, not as planted in my memory as the Alphagetti Gobbler, but still a fun and cute commercial nonetheless.

Oh, and since I already gave the disclaimer about being such a proud, gushing father -- Alexander is waaaaaay more cute when HE does his "more please" shtick.

8 comments:

lime said...

you're very cute when you gush.

i have picture of my boy lifting up his empty bowl to lick it out when he was 'done' (well, when we ran out of what he was asking for anyway)

those boys and their appetites, it starts young.

Melodie Norman Haas said...

You are always fun to watch gush! Please continue...lol

My 21mnth old nephew sticks his hand out and wiggles his fingers in a "Gimme Gimme" action as he says "More!" He hasn't quite gotten the please part yet! I know what ya mean with the cuteness though!

lecram sinun said...

A gushing proud parent is a wonderful thing to be. Relish these times, my friend. Cheers!

Wenchy said...

:o) Is all good.

S said...

Well youd better stock the cupboards and fridge!
If you saw how much food preteen girls could eat, you would croak! Now, I know boys are gonna eat more than the girls...so you are in for it!
Have a lovely weekend Mark and family, and thanks again for letting me play train rescue with you!

J. Andrew Lockhart said...

Mark- I just heard your first 2 podcasts on The Writing Show and really enjoyed them. Looking forward to listening to the next few. Good luck with your work.

Princess Banter said...

Hahaha no worries, you have every right to be a gushing father :) After all, he looks so truly adorable!!!

Rainypete said...

I have to agree with you there........he is an adorable little guy.