Friday, May 18, 2007

Da Count - HNT

This past week, HNT (Half-Nekkid Thursday) celebrated a 2 year anniversary. As the lead of the whole HNT bloggy movement, Osbasso has helped cultivate a real sense of community.

Just to summarize for anyone who isn't familiar with the concept of Half-Nekkid Thursday it's basically a celebration of exposure. And exposure doesn't always mean flashing your naughty bits. Exposure could be as simple as a picture of your thumb or as intense as exposing a deep, heartfelt piece of your inner self. In many cases over the past few years, I've seen a very interesting mixture of all three -- sometimes all at the same time in a single post.

Through blogging I've met a lot of people and made many friends online. But HNT has helped introduce me to an incredible variety of people whom I am now privileged to be able to call friends. Within the realm of HNT, I've been able to expose some deeper thoughts and feelings, expose a little bit of my middle-aged man flesh (just enough to be risque, but not enough to turn most people's stomach), exercise some creative juices, do a little self-promotion for my own writing as well as the writing of others, and also be able to make up and tell some bizarre and silly stories.

So to Os, for championing the movement, and to my fellow HNTers, whether you've already retired from the weekly ritual, are still an active member, or just joined -- THANKS and Happy Anniversary.

dacount