Monday, May 16, 2005

Gory, Gory Transylvania

On the afternoon/evening train ride home, I often sit on the GO train with a rowdy and fun group of folks, whom I was introduced by the infamous Richard Black whom I work with at Indigo. The time spent with them is often filled with mirth and much teasing -- and results in less work and reading getting done on the ride home. Oh well, what can you do.

Christina, one of the regular afternoon riders, was talking about this great television show the other day, The Hilarious House of Frightenstein, and sent me a link to the website this morning.


The Librarian

It brought back some wonderful twisted memories of my childhood. This was a Canadian-made (shot in Hamilton, actually) humour variety show starring Billy Van and featuring Vincent Price that all my friends and I watched and joked about - Count Frightenstein and Brucie (his monster) who never wakes, Igor, the Librarian, the Wolfman, the mosquito, Harvey Wallbanger, Grizelda (the ghastly gourmet), Dr. Pet Vet. Apparently, the show was taped all at once over a 9 to 12 month period and was re-aired due to CanCon (Canadian Content) laws in the 80's (which is when I remember watching it). Now that I think of it, many of the running jokes through my childhood are related to characters and situations from this show. It's funny now, to think back to how some of the sequences (like the creepy camera tracking down the darkened hallways and into the library) used to give me chills.

No comments: